Enlist the help of Gold Medal Service to help improve your plumbing system with the wonders of water softeners to extend the life of your appliances, save you money and energy, provide healthier water for better tasting food and drinks, and help save the environment. Now that sounds like a bunch of new year’s resolutions rolled into one.
Water softeners not only leave you you looking and feeling your best, but it also leaves Mother Nature feeling great too. Having a water conditioning or softening system means no more buying water bottles, great for those thinking green!
How they work, from the engineers at Kinetico home water systems, our water softener system provider:
In short, a water softener lessens or removes the hardness of water caused by calcium and magnesium buildup. When hard water passes through the softening system’s resin bed, it exchanges the hard ions for soft ones, meaning only softened water passes through. The force of the moving water powers the water conditioner system rather than electricity, saving you money on both your water and electricity bills.
By removing chlorine, bacterial contaminants, and other “hard” elements from you water system, you’ll be able to enjoy all these wonders of water softeners:
1. Less Cleaning Products – soft water requires 50% less detergent for the same amount of laundry. Detergents and hard water aren’t the best of friends, so by using soft water your detergent can do a better job. This means you won’t need to purchase detergent as often and you’ll enjoy cleaner and longer-lasting clothes. That’s a win for everyone! Additionally, if you use fabric softener, you won’t have to purchase them nearly as often either, since soft water naturally softens your clothes and linens.
2. Efficient and Long-Lasting Appliances – by utilizing water softeners in your home, you’ll enjoy not having to call on a plumber as often for repairs and maintenance. The minerals in hard water cause a buildup of crust, otherwise known was scale, in pipes and around faucets. This scale can restrict water flow into appliances as well as hinder water heating. With soft water, you won’t have to drain your water heater of sediment as often and will save you money on the energy it takes to power any water-based appliance or fixture.
3. No More Stains – ever notice spotting or rust around your fixtures, dishes, and drains? A water softener will remove the iron, calcium, magnesium, and lime from your water that causes rust and white spotting. Showers, tubs, sinks, and dishes that are stained may need to be replaced sooner than those that haven’t been affected.
4. Energy Savings – as previously mentioned, hard water can delay water from moving through pipes at a proper pace, consequentially forcing your appliances to work that much harder. By forcing your appliances to work harder than they should, they become inefficient. When the excess minerals are removed, water is able to flow in your pipes much easier, thus allowing your plumbing system to operate at optimal level. You will benefit from not having to keep your water heater at such high temperatures. Once you have a water softener system in place, you can lower your water heater temperature down to 115 or 120 degrees, rather than the standard 140.
5. Say Goodbye to Bottled Water – Save hundreds of dollars a year by not buying bottled water anymore. Your water softener system will produce cleaner and healthier water for you than those so-called fancy water bottle companies.
6. Luxurious Hair and Skin – and there’s more! Soft water gives you the highest quality of water possible, which not only benefits your health, but also drastically improves your hair and skin. No more testing out new cleansers, shampoos, and conditioners to create skin and hair that radiates – just upgrade your water system!
Company: Gold Medal Service
About Gold Medal Service:
With generations of experience delivering the highest quality service available to over 100,000 customers, Gold Medal Service has become a leader in the industry with its A+ rating with the BBB. Gold Medal Service is the trusted and reliable provider for plumbing, heating, cooling, electric, and drain & sewer cleaning services in New Jersey.