If you’re a homeowner, home repairs and improvements just seem to be a way of life. And if you’re a handy homeowner, you can probably tackle many home repairs on your own. Whether you prefer to DIY or just the opposite, there are times when you’ll need to hire a professional home services company for home repairs.
HERE ARE SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN DECIDING WHO TO INVITE INTO YOUR HOME:
1. IS THE COMPANY LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED? Aside from the positive economic impact of buying local, isn’t it comforting to see the company vehicles, building, or employees when you’re out and about? Their kids go to the same school as your kids. You know them!
2. DOES THE COMPANY HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE TO COVER ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY? All companies should have workers’ comp insurance in case an employee gets hurt on the job. Do not be afraid to ask for proof of insurance.
3. ARE THE EMPLOYEES WHO COME TO YOUR HOME FULLY TRAINING AND CERTIFIED IN THEIR TRADE? Remember, you’re paying for their expertise.
4. ARE THEY ON-CALL ALL DAY EVERY DAY? Even on weekends and holidays? A one-man operation may be less expensive, but what happens when he goes on vacation or turns his phone off on the holidays?
5. DOES THE COMPANY HAVE WRITTEN SATISFACTION QUARANTEES? Do they warranty their work? Do they install brand name products that come with a warranty from the manufacturer? Don’t get stuck with a no-name product or worse, a company that doesn’t stand behind it’s work.
6. DO THEY STOCK PARTS AND MATERIALS ON THEIR TRUCKS? This is expensive and if they don’t have what they need you’ll have to wait.
7. DO THEY PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING? Price quotes should be in writing along with a detailed invoice for your records. Don’t get caught in a “he-said, she-said” situation.
8. IS THE COMPANY ACCREDITED WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU? Companies who are accredited have made a public commitment to live up to the BBB’s “Standards for Trust”. Companies who are not listed may not be trustworthy.
9. DOES THE COMPANY GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITIES WHERE THEY LIVE AND WORK? Community involvement is a strong indicator of character and a commitment to “doing the right thing”.
10. STILL UNSURE? Ask the employees! People want to work at a reputable, trustworthy company that treats them and their customers well. If they don’t love their job and who they do it for, chances are you won’t love them either.
Summer’s Coming Tips: Have your air conditioner cleaned and inspected to keep it performing like new. Check your outdoor faucets and hoses for leaks that cost you money and can damage your property.
Author: Jerry Hall
Company: Assured Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing
About Assured Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing:
Assured Comfort Heating, Air, Plumbing is a leading heating, air conditioning and plumbing company with locations in Fulton County, Cobb County and Douglas County that services the metro Atlanta and surrounding cities.
Family-owned since 2002, Assured Comfort is committed to providing not only the best in HVAC and plumbing services, but also supporting the local community. Our team abides by the following principles:
1. Helping people to live in greater safety and comfort.
2. Giving back to the community.
3. Safety first.
4. Delivering WOW service.
5. Being a great place to work.
We are members of the Cobb County, Douglas County and Paulding County Chambers of Commerce.
Jerry Hall, owner of Assured Comfort, is a member of both the Douglas County and Cobb County Chamber Chairman’s Clubs.
Jerry also serves on the board of the Douglas County Public Education Trust. Every year, Assured Comfort sponsors the Fox Hall Family Festival in Douglas County, which is the largest fundraiser for Douglas County schools.