Ahhh, spring is in the air. If you’re like me, you’re spending more time outdoors and looking forward to summer vacations. Every year I make sure my air conditioner is ready to take on the hot summer by having it cleaned and tuned-up. I can’t stress enough how important regular annual HVAC system maintenance is.
Your HVAC system is the most expensive appliance, and highest energy user, in your home. Annual tune-ups protect that investment and help keep your energy bills down. You wouldn’t drive your car year after year without washing it, changing the oil and putting air in the tires. So why would you use your HVAC system year after year without maintaining it?
MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE AN AIR CONDITIONER “TUNED-UP” BY A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL. MY TECHNICIANS PERFORM A 24-POINT INSPECTION / CLEANING. HERE’S JUST A FEW OF THE STEPS:
1. Clean the outdoor unit and remove debris that can block air flow
2. Install gauges and record operating pressures and temperatures to ensure they are within acceptable operating limits
3. Measure refrigerant superheat and subcooling to fine-tune its charge
4. Test voltage and amperage in all motors and check for signs of wear or damage
5. Inspect compressor contacts for signs of pitting or burning
6. Tighten and safety test all wires and connections
7. Flush the condensate drain line to protect against overflow and water damage
8. Test thermostat for proper operation
9. And much more
A THOROUGH INSPECTION / CLEANING TAKES 30 – 60 MINUTES, DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE UNIT. THE BENEFITS ARE WELL WORTH THE SMALL INVESTMENT OF REGULAR MAINTENANCE:
1. Prevent costly, inconvenient breakdowns in the middle of summer
2. Extend the life of the unit and protect the manufacturer warranty
3. Use less energy and save money on utility bills
4. Provide healthier indoor air
You can opt for just an air conditioner tune-up or purchase an annual maintenance plan that will cover your heating system, too. To learn more, call our office and ask for Lanette.
Plumbing Tip: In Georgia, “summer” and “drought” go together. Be part of the solution by having your toilets dye-tested and plumbing inspected for leaks. You’ll save money on your water bill, too!
Author: Jerry Hall
Company: Assured Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing
About Assured Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing:
Assured Comfort Heating, Air, Plumbing is a leading heating, air conditioning and plumbing company with locations in Fulton County, Cobb County and Douglas County that services the metro Atlanta and surrounding cities.
Family-owned since 2002, Assured Comfort is committed to providing not only the best in HVAC and plumbing services, but also supporting the local community. Our team abides by the following principles:
1. Helping people to live in greater safety and comfort.
2. Giving back to the community.
3. Safety first.
4. Delivering WOW service.
5. Being a great place to work.
We are members of the Cobb County, Douglas County and Paulding County Chambers of Commerce.
Jerry Hall, owner of Assured Comfort, is a member of both the Douglas County and Cobb County Chamber Chairman’s Clubs.
Jerry also serves on the board of the Douglas County Public Education Trust. Every year, Assured Comfort sponsors the Fox Hall Family Festival in Douglas County, which is the largest fundraiser for Douglas County schools.