SACRIFICE IS NOTHING NEW FOR PET-OWNERS, WHO HAPPILY DEDICATE THEIR TIME AND MONEY TO KEEP THEIR FUR-BABIES WELL-FED, GROOMED AND EXERCISED. BUT DID YOU KNOW YOUR PETS COULD BE AFFECTING YOUR HEALTH?
“Pet dander” is a term used to describe tiny pieces of skin and protein shed by animals with feathers or fur – including cats, dogs, rodents and birds. This dander is microscopic and one of the most common allergens on the planet; it can even be found in homes without pets, affecting the indoor air quality. People inhale the dander, it settles in the respiratory tract, and can cause allergic reactions and medical problems such as asthma. Did you know:
• More than 70% of U.S. households have a dog or cat
• As many as 3 in 10 Americans with allergies are allergic to cats and/or dogs
• Allergies to animals can take two years or more to develop
TYPICAL REACTIONS TO PET DANDER CAN BE MILD TO SEVERE AND INCLUDE: COUGHING, SNEEZING, WATERY EYES, DIZZINESS, FEVER AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO YOUR PETS, THE BEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION IS TO FIND THEM A NEW HOME. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PART WITH YOUR PETS, CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING SOLUTIONS:
• Install a HEPA air filtration system in your home
• Routinely vacuum carpets and furniture using a vacuum with a HEPA filter
• Regularly bathe your pets and brush them outdoors
• Wash your hands and change clothes after playing with or bathing your pets
• Keep litter boxes and pet beds away from air vents
• Avoid fabric-covered furniture, cloth drapes, carpets and rugs, and other household furnishings that accumulate dander
• Keep pets out of your bedrooms
• Have the air ducts in your home professionally cleaned, whether you currently have pets or not
Plumbing and Water Saving Tips: Save a bundle on your water bill by installing low-flow faucets, shower-heads, and toilets. Take more showers than baths. You use 15-25 gallons of hot water for a bath, but less than 10 gallons during a 5-minute shower. Check all your pipes for leaks. Even a small leak can waste nearly 20 gallons of water per day.
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call (770) 942-1938.
Author: Jerry Hall
Company: Assured Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing
About Assured Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing:
Assured Comfort Heating, Air, Plumbing is a leading heating, air conditioning and plumbing company with locations in Fulton County, Cobb County and Douglas County that services the metro Atlanta and surrounding cities.
Family-owned since 2002, Assured Comfort is committed to providing not only the best in HVAC and plumbing services, but also supporting the local community. Our team abides by the following principles:
1. Helping people to live in greater safety and comfort.
2. Giving back to the community.
3. Safety first.
4. Delivering WOW service.
5. Being a great place to work.
We are members of the Cobb County, Douglas County and Paulding County Chambers of Commerce.
Jerry Hall, owner of Assured Comfort, is a member of both the Douglas County and Cobb County Chamber Chairman’s Clubs.
Jerry also serves on the board of the Douglas County Public Education Trust. Every year, Assured Comfort sponsors the Fox Hall Family Festival in Douglas County, which is the largest fundraiser for Douglas County schools.